Tuesday 10 February 2015

January Favorites

Hey Guys,

Now that I am posting again I thought that I would share with you a few of my favourite things from the month of January.


Beauty

Recently my skin decided to react to all the makeup I had...which whilst annoying meant I was able to update and improve my makeup collection and here are some of my favorites.

1. Cream Eye Shadows and Eye Shadow Crayons

I have never really used or owned any eyeshadows, crayons and creme eyeshadows are really good for fully covering your eye lid and require very little skill to apply. My favorites are the Laura Mercier Caviar eyeshadow sticks and the shades are simply to die for and last virtually all day.



2. Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara with Argan Oil

Ok the argan oil is definitely a bit of a gimmick. But I have really been surprised by this mascara. When choosing which mascara to buy, I will always choose mascaras that promise eyelash length over volume and this mascara delivers. It creates a non-clumpy natural look and it's great for an everyday look.



3. Tanya Burr Lip Gloss

I have been loving a lot of Youtuber's stuff recently and in my opinion the best are these lip glosses. I have a couple of them and I think that they will be my favorites for a long time. The wear time on these are impressive and they feel and even taste amazing. Yesterday I spent about 12 hours out of the house and only had to reapply my lip gloss two or three times...Pretty impressive, There are about 20 shades available and each of them have cute names like 'I Found Nemo' and 'Picnic in the Park', which are my favorites and are brilliant for an everyday use.




4. L'Oréal Lip Stain

When I go out for a meal or on a night out (Rare though these occasions are), I tend not to use lip glosses but I don't really like the feel of lip sticks. Lip stains are a sort of cross between both and provide lasting colour and when applied they feel like lip glosses.





Films, Books, Music and Games

1. McBusted Album

I was never really a fan of Busted or McFly but I watched an episode of the Graham Norton Show where McBusted performed 'Get Over It' and I really enjoyed it, so I though 'why not?' and bought the album, and I really like all of the songs.




2. All Things Halo

With the re-release of the Halo games for the Xbox One, I have fallen in love with all the Halo related things in my house. The Halo Legends film, Halo: Forward Unto Dawn, Halo: Nightfall and the Halo books by Eric Nylund are all amazing and beautifully done. And if you like the Halo games, you should check them out.


3. The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman

Ok... if a book about a library doesn't sound appealing then a book about a Library that occupies one dimension and sends agents into other realities to harvest fiction. It has Dragons, Vampires, Werewolves and the Fae. It follows the story of Irene, a junior librarian that is sent to an unstable reality to acquire a book that everybody is after. It's a relatively quick read and well worth a look.

4. Jupiter Ascending

As a little treat, I went to the IMAX cinema yesterday and I loved this film. I always thought it would be good because it was directed and written by The Wachowskis, plus it stars Sean Bean so is instantly awesome in my book. It is beautifully filmed and it is easy to see the work that the Wachowskis put into it. I admit it is not Eddie Redmayne's best performance but he did make a good villain. However, the plot is very difficult to explain so i'll just put the trailer in...that'll help.




Stuff


1. Hand Warmers

With all the cold weather we have been having, a little hand warmer is really useful. Over the years I have amassed a little collection and they are great for keeping your hands warm whilst waiting for the car to warm up.


2. Avocado on Toast with Boiled Eggs

Alright, this isn't really Stuff, but I thought having only one thing in a food section would look silly. I've been waking up ridiculously early every day to swim for an hour and when I get back, I like to eat this, I like to tell myself that it is nutritious and slightly more healthy than a bowl of Golden Nuggets.



So that's it...I hope you liked it, If you have anything that you liked this month why not tell me what they are.

Xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog. xxx I like the idea of handwarmers. Will definitely have to buy some..


    Follow my blog for a follow? Leave a comment on my latest post andI'll follow back

    xx


    Soooomsies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

End of the Road to Machu Picchu: An Update

First of all, I am sorry I have not written this post sooner, but I have been starring at my screen for weeks trying to figure out what I n...