Thursday 9 April 2015

Books, Books and More Books

Oh Hey There,

So a couple of months ago, I applied to study English Literature at various UK Universities and as of a week ago, I will be studying English Literature at Reading university. AHHH!!! I am so excited.

Due to the fact I will be studying Literature I have been reading a hell of a lot more that I was before...Plus the fact that I haven't really got anything better to do.

The best way to read I find is to alternate between a 'modern' book and classic. This means that I have slowly worked my way through a wide range of genres and writers that I wouldn't normally consider reading, I thought that I would give you a list of my favourites from the past few months and maybe you could give me a few recommendations.

The Name Of The Wind + The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss

  • These books are beautifully written and are by far the best books I have read in a while...I can't really explain the story but honestly...anyone will love these books...There is romance, comedy, adventure and action...Try them

The Throne of Glass series - Sarah J. Maas

  • I put these books into one of my favourites and I cannot get enough of them...The most recent installment was the Heir of Fire which was published in September and now I am secretly kicking myself for having to wait for 6 months before the next book is published....uggg

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

  • Self explanatory really...this is the original romance novel and I love it


The Three Musketeers + The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas

  • Whilst these books are written in 'Olde' French translated into English they can be very difficult to read. I mean it took me several days just to get a basic understanding of what he wrote....It's a bit like learning Shakespeare just instead of a play it's couple of books that are 300 pages long.

So any recommendations you have will be brilliant...i'm looking for a new book to read so fire away

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Road to Machu Picchu: An Update

First of all, I am sorry I have not written this post sooner, but I have been starring at my screen for weeks trying to figure out what I n...