Thursday 4 February 2016

A Photo a Day...

Now whilst I have never been (and probably never will be) a professional photographer, I do love the fact that photos can capture a moment, an emotion or a relationship that would otherwise be lost to the 'mists of time.' I understand how clichéd that is, but it is the only way I can think of to explain my love for photos and what they represent. So I thought I would share my top 5 photos that I have taken and put on my Instagram account.

5. Reflection

I think I am more proud of the reflection in this photo than the actual events on it. I went to Lord's cricket grounds in London last year during the Ashes which is a big Cricket championship between England and Australia. Whilst there are a lot of imperfections in the rest of the photo I just love the reflection of the pitch in my sunglasses so it goes into my top 5.

4. The Globe

As an English Literature student, a love of Shakespeare is kind of compulsory, and the home of Shakespeare has to be the Globe theatre in London. Last year I was lucky enough to be invited to see Richard II, the stage was amazing with the old columns and stage covered in gold so it really gave off a feeling of the extravagance that Richard II was accustomed to :).

3. Medals and Remembrance


My family has always had a close connection to the Army. My Grandfather, father and now one of my brothers have all been (or still are) in the army with my Grandfather fighting in the second world war in the Black Watch. Every year we travel to France to participate in the remembrance services and my father wears his medals (pictured). Every medal and ribbon has a different meaning and I love seeing all of the different ones that the other veterans wear and asking which campaign or act they represent. I look at this photo and I see my father's history, the history of his regiment and I see the potential for anyone to become something great.

2. For days you cannot be bothered


I think everyone will join me in saying there are days when you just cannot be bothered and the idea of getting out of a nice warm bed and going to school/work just seems impossible. But whilst this photo may seem generic and boring, for me it represents the face that I can now post a photo without any makeup on and feel confident enough to post it on the internet. And sure, there's a filter on it and I was pulling a face, but I will always be proud of this.

1. Field of Corn

I love this photo so much because I took it on a family walk that we went on in October last year. There are a lot of fields near our house that are used for corn, They don't harvest it, but leave it in the field all year round for the local wildlife. And one day I decided to run through the fields of corn and felt like I was in a movie :). I love this photo so much because it reminds me of a wonderful evening and good times spent with my family.

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you want to see more of my posts, my Instagram username is: milliefarquhar 

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Road to Machu Picchu: An Update

First of all, I am sorry I have not written this post sooner, but I have been starring at my screen for weeks trying to figure out what I n...