Wednesday 17 December 2014

November Favorites

Hey guys,

So i'm sorry I didn't post earlier this week, I've already broken my Monday posting habit :(

but here is a list of some of my favorite things from the month of November

Health and Beauty

1. Essie 'Mint apple candy' nail varnish
  • I am obsessed with all things nails and I am really enjoying the sorts of pale pastels that a lot of brands are doing at the moment. Mint green and baby blue are my favorite shades in general and the Essie's Mint apple candy is just such a nice colour and I often find that I wear it a lot more in the colder months.



2. Revlon Colorstay powder foundation
  • Foundation for me has always been a struggle. I can never really find the right shade and the liquid foundations always make my face feel kind of dry afterwards. so I tend to gravitate towards powders and easy to apply foundations. The Revlon powder foundation is just soooo nice and it goes on easily and makes your skin feel so soft, it stays on for most of the day and the actual container is really good, it comes with a mirror and a little pad thingy to put it on. although i tend to use a brush instead.
















3. Lush Avobath bath bomb
  • Ahhhh nothing like a little bit of pamper time. I am a relative new comer to the bath bomb scene and I am loving this bath bomb from Lush. it smells sooo good and when you pop it into the bath it makes your bath look and feel amazing. 
4. Mask Of Magnaminty Self-Preserving face and body mask from Lush
  • Like I just said, there's nothing like a pamper session. I love having a bath and putting of a face mask and sitting back with a good book. This face mask smells like mint and feels so good, and as you put it on it cools and moisturises your skin. AMAZING!
Almost Empty :(

5. Along came Betty - Pores for thought face scrub

  • I get quite self conscious about my face...i mean people look at it whenever they talk to you. so making sure that my skin feels nice and looks good is quite important for me. This face scrub is amazing as nowadays most scruby exfoliants have massive granules that take of the top layer of skin with them and leave skin dry and sore. but not this one. I can barely feel the granules and it leaves skin looking and feeling amazing, it claims to 'polish [skin] to perfection...gently' and i totally agree, it is the best thing that has happened to my pores in a long time.



6. Calvin Klein Reveal perfume

  • Now I haven't actually bought this (too expensive) but whenever I am in boots I simply have to 'test' it. I have to admit if you smell the bottle it isn't very nice, but when you spray this perfume....hmmmm so good. When I have put it on a little goes a long way and two or three sprays will last the whole day. which is good because i don't particularly want to be going back and forth from boots all day now do I?

Food

1.Ginger bread men
  • Now, I have to admit, I am not the biggest fan of ginger in general. But nothing gets you in the Christmas spirit like gingerbread men. I have recently baked a whole lot of Ginger bread for my family and I just love tucking into one with a good hot chocolate
2. Mint hot chocolate
  • Loving the links in the post :) There has been a bit of mintiness in this blog and I think it is fair to say that I am well and truly addicted to all things mint. For me the epitome of mint is in the humble mint hot choc....hmmm delish
3.Costa coffee bbq pulled pork wrap
  • I have been shopping a lot recently and the one thing that often keeps me going on the cold dark christmas shopping trips is a little break in Costa Coffee. I love virtually all the treats and stuff that they do in there but the new wraps are simply divine. please try one soon...unless you're a vegetarian then in which case don't :)
Hmmmm...Delish



Things :)

1. Fitbit flex
  • I have been doing a lot more exercise recently and having a little recording device is soooooo good. The fitbit flex is a little bracelet thing that records steps, calories burnt, active minutes, distance travelled and even hours slept (and what sort of sleep i.e restless). it even has a silent alarm and will vibrate whenever you reach your daily goal (10,000 steps etc). It's an amazing device that connects to your laptop or smartphone and keeps you in touch with how active (or not) you are. 


2. The throne of glass book series - Sarah J. Maas
  • Now that I am on holiday I have been reading a lot more than usual, The throne of glass series follows the story of Celena Sardothien, an assassin and former slave. who is entered into a competition to be the champion of the very king she has sworn to kill. Assassins and all things sneaky are my ultimate read/ game but I had found it really difficult to actually find a book that matched my very fussy criteria but this one does. it's an easy read if a bit long. But I also have the answer for that. There is a small set of 'prequels' to this series available that are much shorter but nevertheless very gripping.

Games and Film

1. Game of thrones episodic game series - Telltale
  • I love telltale games in general as the whole decision making aspect of games is amazing and I love how you can take a character and really make them your own. The Game of Thrones episodic series of games follows House Forester and starts just before the Red Wedding (AHHHHH), there are twists and cliff hangers that can only be expected from Telltale by now. But I still love it am and counting the days until episode two is released
2. The Lord of the rings trilogy and the Hobbit movies
  • In the run up to the release of the third and final installment into the Hobbit trilogy I have returned to Middle earth all things Peter Jackson in a marathon that would make most athletes weep. it almost killed me to do it but in my anticipation of the Battle of the Five armies I just couldn't stop myself
So that is it from me for this week. Thanks for reading through my list. share it around and tell me what you have been enjoying this month. if you have any good books that you think I would like to read tell me and i'll be sure to check it out. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Road to Machu Picchu: An Update

First of all, I am sorry I have not written this post sooner, but I have been starring at my screen for weeks trying to figure out what I n...